Vault 4.0.5 / Fortress 1.0.5 Beta
Most of the changes in this release are in the Visual Studio integrated client, for which it’s the biggest release since 4.0/1.0. People using that client should definitely check it out.
Noteworthy changes to the Visual Studio client include:
- There is a new binding management dialog that allows people with more sophisticated binding requirements to work effectively. It’s now possible to have an unbound solution and bound projects, for example.
- Get Latest has been significantly improved. Specifically, it’s no longer necessary to perform the command twice when files have been added to a solution or project. You also no longer get annoying “This file has changed, reload?” prompts.
- The bin folder in web site projects is now handled correctly. (Rejoice.)
- Solutions having projects that aren’t beneath them in the file system are handled significantly better.
- Solutions having multiple Business Intelligence projects now work.
- The performance of Add Solution has significantly improved.
- Linked file checkouts are handled better.
- The pending change list better reflects checkout status.
- Session restarts are handled better.
The full release notes are here. If you’re using the new Visual Studio 2005 client, or you’ve had trouble with it in the past, take a look!
Also, if you’re interested in other things happening in Vault/Fortress development, check out the SourceGear Development Blog.